Palo Alto Networks’ global crisis management team is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak with regional teams and taking action to mitigate risks to our people and business. CEO and Chairman Nikesh Arora on Friday shared updated guidance on work and travel for employees.
Based on recent changes around the world and here in Santa Clara County, below are new guidelines for work and travel. Remember, your better judgement should always be applied in your own situation. In addition, continue to monitor our internal updates and follow precautionary measures on the WHO and CDC websites.
The following guidance goes into effect at the end of today effective until the end of March.
Working from home – all offices, at the option of employees
- If you can get your tasks done from home or via Zoom you may consider doing so. Please inform your manager if you do. Remember, if you are working from home, please ensure you are disciplined about being available to your team members and customers.
- We are optimizing meetings like all hands for virtual attendance to help you work remotely.
- If you need or want to come to the office you can – follow normal safety and health precautions.
Visitors to campus
- We are shifting all candidate interviews to virtual by default rather than in person.
- Our Executive Briefing Centers will offer virtual briefings to customers.
- If customers have travelled here, and you are scheduled to present, exercise your judgement if you would like to come personally or present via Zoom.
Travel business critical only
- You are the key voice in travel decisions. If you don’t want to travel, please don’t.
- Both international and domestic travel is paused except for business critical.
- Business critical can include face-to-face customer meetings related to current or future business, or critical customer onsite support/services.
- Please confirm business criticality with your manager, and managers if you have doubts consult with any of my direct reports. If you continue to have concerns, exercise your judgement or feel free to reach out to me.
We will hold a company meeting via Zoom to check in and address questions. Thanks to everyone for working together, and go Palo Alto Networks.
Please see our March 16 updated COVID-19 guidance for employees.